Monday 18 February 2013

Weekend Recap

This weekend was great indeed!

Friday started off with Kaylee bringing home a surprisingly good report card. It was A's and B's. Now I'm not surprised because I don't think she's smart. She is very smart, but she's stubborn and easily distracted. She'd much rather play and socialize, than to sit and learn.

Saturday was Kaylee's karate grading. She just received her Advanced Orange Belt in Kenpo Karate.  My husband is her instructor and while most people might think she gets special attention or would advance faster than other children, that is the farthest thing from the truth. She's progressing slowly and that's ok. Karate is clearly not her first choice in an after school program, but it's giving her some of the life skills that she'll need in the future. She did dance last year and wants to do it again, so in September I'm going to enroll her again. She's high energy and loves to dance. She did tap last year, but is interested in Jazz or Hip Hop.


Sunday morning started with a bit of a morning rush to get the kids off to church with my parents and to be sure we were ready to hit the gym as soon as they were gone to get as much time as we could at the gym. I've done something that I've never done before and I'm so proud of myself. I ran 5mi/8+km in 60 minutes, non stop. I know others can do it much faster, but I'm just starting and I'm ecstatic. We wanted to run outside on Sunday morning but we got dumped with snow again on Saturday night. Running on pavement is next on the list of goals and hopefully will happen soon.  And hopefully I'll be able to pick up the pace a bit.

Goals! Everyone needs them! Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment