Thursday 28 February 2013

Mama was down for the count

Mom's can't be sick. If they get sick who takes care of the dishes, the laundry, the homework, supper, breakfast, etc. When a mom is sick, it's total chaos.

So that mystery illness made it's rounds. Kaylee became the second victim and it hit her at her fathers house in the middle of the night on Saturday. She ended up coming home a bit earlier on Sunday afternoon so that she could rest. Later that night it hit Emmett again and while I was doing 1am laundry and cleanup, my stomach really started to hurt. I too had got the mystery illness. What were we to do? Mom and 2 kids sick, puking. Rob had to call in sick and help to hold down the fort. This is turn, made him victim number 4, and put his job at risk.

So clearly this is some sort of "gastroenterological " illness possibly Norovirus. I only suspect it's that as it seems impossible to kill. Yesterday during the day I disinfected everything that I could think of. But I clearly missed something. Emmett woke up again last night and vomited everywhere. I have a sneaky feeling it was a bottle of water that I missed beside his bed and he chugged it. So again today, I've disinfected everything that I can think of and I took all of our comforters to the laundry mat and did a super wash of them. I'm crossing my fingers for a good night. If it happens again though, we're going to have to get this looked at a bit more. From what I've read it's not a long illness. Have a read here.

I've felt completely useless these past couple of days so I really hope last night was the end of it. I have so many other fellow mommy bloggers to catch up on. Not to mention dishes, laundry, etc.

6 comments:

  1. Sickness was rampant here, too. Except it was more the cold variety, and one child gave it to me. Everyone else was fine, which really didn't work for my "I'm sick and can't move" sentiments. Ah, joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally on the mend. Recovery was brutal.

      Delete
  2. *knocking on wood* We've lucked out to have been skipped by all the major illnesses that have been going around in circles. Stay hydrated and hope it's gone for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope this is the last of it.

      Delete
  3. Oh you will love my own post this week about why moms should never ever get sick!

    ReplyDelete